Founders Hall is located on the Broadway campus and exclusively houses sophomores, juniors, and seniors. To apply, simply complete the Founders Hall application in your Residence Account. Assignments will completed based on the following criteria:
- Completed application for Founders Hall
- Students who selected a room in the room selection process for the Fall 2018 semester will be given priority
- Assignments will be made based on class year and then total quality points, similarly to how students select in room selection
Welcome to Founders Hall! A new home full of Old World charm –
and contemporary flair.
Founders Hall is located along St. Charles Avenue, where you’ll walk under the shade of 300-year-old oak trees every day. You’ll hop on the iconic streetcar to ride to class, enjoy live music, and some of the best food in the world. You’ll walk to Audubon Park for picnics.
Housing in Founders Hall is available starting in Fall 2018. Combining the building’s historic character (it used to belong to the St. Mary’s Dominican Sisters, who arrived in New Orleans in 1860 from Cabra, Ireland) with modern conveniences, Loyola’s newest student housing provides students with suite-style community living.
Each suite will accommodate two students, each in a single room and sharing a common bathroom. Each bedroom will be furnished with a single bed, desk, dresser, and a closet or wardrobe so that each occupant has his or her own storage and work space. Founders Hall is also centrally heated and air-conditioned, and each room comes with wireless internet. The building also houses laundry facilities, a community kitchen and dining room, several study and relaxation spaces, a large community lounge, and shared amenities with Cabra Hall. More information below:
- Capacity – 42 (four stories)
- Acquired from the Dominican Sisters of New Orleans in 2017
- Houses exclusively second-year and above students in single suites (single room sharing a bathroom with another single room)
- Renovated in summer of 2018
- Shared amenities with Cabra Hall, including gym, conference room space, and courtyard
- Located on Broadway Campus, convenient to College of Law, visual arts building, and Broadway Activities Center
- Continuous shuttle service to and from Loyola’s main campus, close to streetcar line
- Front service desk open 7 pm to 7 am during fall and spring semesters
- Dedicated space for the Broadway LUPD station and two satellite University Counseling Center offices