The following sites offer information about campus resources that may be of assistance to you. If you are experiencing a health concern, the UCC strongly urges you to visit with a member of our staff or the Student Health Services staff for confidential advice and assistance.
Mental Health Hotline
Call the Keep Calm Through COVID hotline at 1-866-310-7977 at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential. This line is for counseling only.
** Available via streetcar
- 8232 Oak Street (Oak & Dante)
- Free Delivery to Students
- 4901 Prytania (Prytania & Upperline)
- Open 24 hours
- 4401 S. Claiborne Ave. (Claiborne & Napoleon)
- Includes Minute Clinic with vaccines
Tulane Student Health Pharmacy
- 6823 St Charles Avenue, Building 92
- Walk past LBC & take a left on next street. Turn right onto Newcomb. Pharmacy is on the 3rd floor in the white building on left (corner of Newcomb & Willow)
- Must Arrive by 4:30 p.m.
- Closed 12:30–1:30 p.m. for lunch
- Do not accept cash (credit/debit cards only)
- Must have Loyola ID
- Bring your prescription
- Bring copy of health insurance/prescription card
- 718 S. Carrollton Avenue (Carrollton & Maple) **
- 2418 S. Carrollton Avenue (Carrollton & Claiborne) **
- 1801 St. Charles Avenue (St. Charles & Felicity) **
- 4400 S. Claiborne Avenue (Claiborne & Napoleon)
- 1901 Tchoupitoulas Street
Community Referral Resources
The following referral listings are solely for informational purposes. Neither Loyola University New Orleans nor Student Health Services endorses any of the services or the professionals who may be affiliated with them. Please contact Student Health Services should you have any questions or need further assistance in locating a referral source.
In and Out Urgent Care
6225 South Claiborne Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70125
Ochsner On Call
For non-life threatening issues outside normal clinic hours, you can call 1.800.231.5257, a free after-hours nurse care line, to speak with a Registered Nurse. Ochsner On Call provides nurse triage, appointment booking, health education, and advisory services from 5:00 p.m.–8:00 a.m., seven days a week, 365 days a year. Ochsner On Call nurses are supported by an on-call physician.
Ochsner Baptist – a Campus of Ochsner Medical Center
2700 Napoleon Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115
Ochsner Urgent Care – Metairie
2215 Veterans Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002
Ochsner Urgent Care – Mid-City
4100 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
Ochsner Urgent Care – Uptown
4605 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Ochsner Urgent Care – Warehouse District
900 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
The Urgent Care
148 Wall Boulevard
Gretna, LA 70056
5518 Magazine Street
(Magazine & Joseph)
Smoking Cessation Resources
Loyola University New Orleans will provide cessation resources information, including the Louisiana QuitLine number, 1.800.QUIT.NOW. Tobacco treatment programs will be publicized regularly in student and staff publications. Information for tobacco treatment programs will be posted in residence halls, academic buildings and the Student Health Center.
Loyola faculty and staff can take advantage of online and telephonic smoking cessation programs and coaching provided by UnitedHealthcare. Also beginning in 2015, select, over-the-counter and prescription smoking-cessation medications will be provided to UnitedHealthcare members at no cost.