Services We Provide
- Immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella; tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, meningitis, and flu.
- TB skin test
- Well Woman Exams
- STD testing
- Allergy injections are available through Tulane Student Health Center
- Referral service to area specialists and urgent care facilities
- In-house lab and contracted laboratory work
- Health education programming
- Treatment of common health problems such as UTI's, respiratory infections, headaches, sexually transmitted infections and dermatological conditions
- Student Health Services staff is frequently asked by students/patients to write medical excuse notes for classes and/or work. Students frequently have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that require them to be away from the classroom or workplace, or affect their ability to perform optimally on class work or exams.
- Student Health Services can provide a medical excuse note only if the student is evaluated by a staff member. Please note that it is at the professor’s discretion whether or not the excuse is accepted for missed class or exam.
- Our medical providers will not write excuses for illnesses for which they never provided care. Therefore, if you received care for your illness or injury from a private physician, please request your excuse from that medical provider instead of Student Health Services.
- Students who call or come in for an excuse after an illness has occurred (e.g., I was sick last week), will not receive an excuse. Excuses will only be provided to students who are evaluated by a staff member in Student Health Services at the time of the illness.
Community Referral Resources
The following referrel listings are solely for informational purposes. Neither Loyola University New Orleans nor Student Health Services endorses any of the services or the professionals who may be affiliated with them. Please contact Student Health Services should you have any questions or need further assistance in locating a referral source.
Ochsner Health Center - Baptist
2820 Napoleon Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115
Ochsner On Call
For non-life threatening issues outside normal clinic hours, you can call 1.800.231.5257, a free after-hours nurse care line, to speak with a Registered Nurse. Ochsner On Call provides nurse triage, appointment booking, health education, and advisory services from 5:00pm-8:00am, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Ochsner On Call nurses are supported by an on-call physician.
Uptown Urgent Care
4605 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
New Orleans Urgent Care
900 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA
Westbank Urgent Care
148 Wall Boulevard
Gretna, LA 70056-7107
East Jefferson After Hours
2215 Veterans Hwy.
Student Health Insurance
Being insured during your time at college is very important for your well-being. United Healthcare Student Resources has made available a student health insurance plan for students wishing to purchase health insurance. This plan offers affordable, comprehensive health insurance coverage for students and their eligible dependents for the 2013-2014 policy year. This Plan will continue to be serviced by Gallagher Koster. This plan features:
- The strength and recognition of the United Healthcare Choice Plus Network. Students will be able to locate providers whether at home, school, or throughout the country
- Annual deductibles: $250 in-network and $500 out-of-network
- Coverage at 80% in-network & 60% out-of-network
- Benefit maxium of $500,000 per policy year
- Prescription drug card with low copays
- Out-of-Pocket Maxium of $3,500 per person in-network
- Preventive care services with no deductibles, copays or coinsurance
- Worldwide Coverage including Medical Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Assistance Services
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Wellness discounts including Vision and Dental
- Dependent coverage available
- Affordable pricing for 12 months of comprehensive coverage
- Choice of effective date- For the 2013 policy year, coverage can begin either June 15th or August 15th (coverage terminates June 14, 2014)
If you wish to review the plan brochure or enroll online:
1. Log on to: www.gallagherkoster.com/Loyno
2. Click on 'Student Direct Pay Enroll'
3. Create a user account or Log in (if a returning user)
4. Complete the online 'Student Direct Pay Enroll' form link. Payment can be made with credit card or e-check via the secure Gallagher Koster website.
5. Upon approval of your application, insured students can view and print their ID card from the Gallagher Koster website.
If you have any further questions, please contact Gallagher Koster toll free at (877) 320-4347 or by email LoyolaStudent@gallagherkoster.com.