Services We Provide
- Immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella; tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, TB test, meningitis, and flu.
- Well Woman Exams: First pap smears or chronic gynecological concerns may be referred to a specialist
- HIV testing
- Allergy injections are available through Tulane Student Health Center
- Referral service to area specialists and to urgent care facilities
- Licensed in-house lab and contracted laboratory work
- Health education programming
- Treatment of common health problems such as UTI's, respiratory infections, headaches, sexually transmitted infections and dermatological conditions
- SHS staff is frequently asked by students/patients to write medical excuse notes for classes and/or work. Students frequently have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that require them to be away from the classroom or workplace, or affect their ability to perform optimally on class work or exams.
- Student Health Services can provide a medical excuse note only if the student is evaluated by a staff member. Please note that it is at the professor’s discretion whether or not the excuse is accepted for missed class or exam.
- Our medical providers will not write excuses for illnesses for which they never provided care. Therefore, if you received care for your illness or injury from a private physician, please request your excuse from that medical provider instead of Student Health Services.
- Students who call or come in for an excuse after an illness has occurred (e.g., I was sick last week), will not receive an excuse. Excuses will only be provided to students who are evaluated by a staff member in Student Health Services.
Community Referrals Resources
The following listings are local community referrals and are solely for informational purposes. Neither Loyola University New Orleans nor Student Health Services endorses any of the services or the professionals who may be affiliated with them. Please contact Student Health Services should you have any questions or need further assistance in locating a referral source.
Ochsner Health Center
3423 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70115
Uptown Urgent Care
4605 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
New Orleans Urgent Care
900 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA
Westbank Urgent Care
148 Wall Boulevard
Gretna, LA 70056-7107
East Jefferson After Hours
2215 Veterans Hwy.
Student Health Insurance
Loyola University New Orleans provides a student health insurance plan through Gallagher Koster. The plan is available for students who are United States citizens. Gallagher Koster manages the insurance program and United Healthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) is the insurance company and claims administrator.
For details about what’s covered, to review Frequently Asked Questions, locate participating providers, or enroll in the plan, got to www.gallagherkoster.com/students/student-home.php.
Gallagher Koster’s Customer Service Team is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 6:00pm EST at 800-457-5599 or by email at LoyolaStudent@gallagherkoster.com.