Arriving on Campus
We are excited to welcome you to campus in just a few weeks! To prepare for move in, Residential Life is sending you this move in information to prepare you for your arrival. Please review the information and reach out to us should you have any questions.
Move in Sign ups
Move in will be spread out over a week with two-hour move in windows to ensure social distancing practices are followed. Residents are required to select one check in time and date during move in week from August 15-17. Upperclassmen can move in on August 18-20. Please select your check in time by July 15th at 5pm.
To sign up for a check in date and time, please visit one of the following links based on your housing assignment:
- First Year/Transfer Move in Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A4DABAE23A5FB6-first1
- Upperclassmen Move in Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A4DABAE23A5FB6-returning
Pre-Campus Arrival Check List
There are several things that you will need to complete before you will be able to check in on campus.
- COVID Immunization or Exemption Records: All students must log into the COVID-19 vaccination portal to provide their records or reason for opting out. Students will need to complete this before moving to campus.
- Hurricane Evacuation plan: Please complete the Hurricane Evacuation Plan in Residence. This application will allow us to know your plans should you need to evacuate due to inclement weather. This application will be on your residence account starting on August 5th. It needs to be completed by August 13th.
- Course Registration: Students living in on-campus housing are required to be enrolled as a full time student. If you are not enrolled in classes, staff members from Residential Life will contact you regarding your assignment. Failure to enroll in classes may cause your housing assignment and meal plan to be cancelled.
- Financial Account: Before arriving to campus, please ensure that your financial account has been cleared by paying the amount owed or by setting up a payment plan through Student Financial Services. For questions about your account, please contact SFS by emailing email@example.com or calling 504-865-3337.
Cancelling your Housing Assignment: If you are canceling your housing, you will need to complete the 2022-2023 Housing Cancellation Application application in Residence.
Arriving to campus
We are asking that all students arrive to campus using the route below:
- From S Claiborne Ave, please turn onto Broadway St towards St. Charles Avenue
- After Driving .9 miles, please turn Left onto Freret St.
- After driving.4miles, you will turn right into the road next to the parking garage.
- There you will stop at the drive up check in station located at the Carrollton Turn Around. There will be signs directing you to the station.
If there is a long line at the check in station, please pull over to wait on Freret street until the line subsides and your check in time has arrived.
If you are arriving early for your check in time, you will need to circle back around until your designated check in time has arrived.
Check in procedures
The following steps will occur when you check into the Residence Hall:
- When you arrive at the check in location, a member of the Residential Life staff will confirm your students Name, Student ID number, and your check in time
- If you arrive to the check in point early, you will be asked to leave the check in location and circle back around once your check in time has arrived
- Once your check in is confirmed, the Residential Life staff member will provide you with a check in packet containing the following items:
- Your Room Key
- Information for a successful start to your student’s semester!
- Residential Life staff will then direct you to the appropriate parking garage.
- Biever, Buddig, and Carrollton Residents- Freret Street Garage
- Cabra/Founders Residents- the Cabra Founders surface lots
- Once your two hour window has passed, you will need to move your car to an upper floor on the West Road Garage.
If travel delays occur, please text 504-384-7711. A staff member will assist you with adjusting your check in plans.
Please note: Residents are only allowed to bring two people with them to move in day to assist with moving in their student. . Each guest and resident will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing throughout the move in process.
Unloading your Car
To unload your car, each resident is given a designated spot on the first floor of a parking garage to unload your car for two hours. During move in, you will only be allowed to use the elevator for your room during this two hour window. During this window, we are asking that your sole task is unloading your car. Please do not decorate or begin to unpack in your room until your car is unpacked.
Below are detailed instructions for car unloading procedures:
- When you arrive at your parking garage, please pick a parking spot on the 1st or 2nd floor of the Freret St. Garage.
- If you need a blue bin to assist with move in, there will be a check out location at the Freret St. Garage. Please note, blue bins are limited and will be checked out at a first come, first serve process.
- It is suggested that you bring your own moving equipment (bins, dollies, etc).
- You may use the elevators during your designated move in time
- After you have completely unloaded your car, please return your blue bin (if you borrowed one) and move your car to an upper floor of the parking garage
During your move-in time slot, we are asking that residents and families only use the elevator to go up during move-in unless you have a physical need to use the elevator going down. After your time slot has closed, you will only be allowed to use the stairs (unless you have a physical need to use the elevator).
When waiting for the elevator, you will take your items to the elevator line for each building.
There will be designated waiting spots for the elevator that will be socially distanced apart.
The elevators will be limited to one family at a time. After 5pm each day, the elevators will be opened so that residents and guests can use the elevator to bring in more items. We are asking that Residents and Guests adhere to the elevator capacity limits and social distancing guidelines placed forth.
Room Condition Reports Within 48 hours after checking into the residence halls, you will need to log into Residence and complete the Room Condition Report. To access the room condition report, you click “more” and then “Room Condition Report.” Make any adjustments to the form and then click “Submit.” Once this form is submitted, you will not be able to make any changes or edits. You may be held responsible for damages that were not listed on your room condition report when your student checks out of the Residence Halls.
We look forward to welcoming your student to the Wolfpack in just a few weeks. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or texting 504-384-7711.
Stay connected by following us on Facebook and Instagram or chat with a Pocket OA today by texting 504-384-7711!
Directly ship to Loyola using UPS, FEDEX, or DHL. Please use the resident’s full legal name and the following address:
Full Legal Name
200 LaSalle Ct.
New Orleans, LA 70118.
For more information please visit the mail service website.