About Residential Life
Welcome home! We're glad you’re here. Loyola University New Orleans is committed to providing a learning environment that extends beyond the classroom and into every dimension of each student’s life. The on campus experience is part of what makes Loyola so special.
Residential Life supports the academic mission of the University by providing a residential environment that fosters the development of the whole person in a community grounded in the Jesuit tradition.
- Facilitate academic success by supporting both student needs and the academic mission of the University.
- Support students in their search for meaning through the Jesuit values and an Ignatian worldview.
- Develop students as global citizens committed to the holistic well-being of themselves and those around them.
- Maintain residence halls that are safe, clean, attractive, and that honor the dignity of each student.
In striving to achieve these goals, the Office of Residential Life shall embody and promote the following values, as established by the Office of Student Affairs:
- Dignity: The value of each person as created by God
- Excellence: The call to develop all abilities and talents
- Wholeness: A commitment to mind, body, and spirit
- Inclusiveness: The awareness of finding God in all things
- Compassion: A commitment to being people with and for others
Code of Ethics
The Office of Residential Life adheres to the Standards of Professional Practice set forth by the Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I).