COVID Testing and Vaccination
COVID 19 Vaccination:
COVID Vaccination is available for all Loyola students, faculty and staff at no cost. We stock the Moderna vaccine. To make an appointment, call (504)-865-3835, M--F, 8:30 am--4:45 pm.
Testing for Symptomatic Students:
- Any member of the Loyola community who is experiencing COVID symptoms should call SHS at 504-865-3326 to schedule an appointment for COVID testing. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:45 p.m., closed for University holidays.
- Students are given a full medical assessment in their appointment, including but not limited to, rapid antigen COVID testing, as indicated. PCR testing is also available in Student Health and processed through LabCorp. Results typically take 3--5 days.
- As the schedule permits, faculty and staff can receive rapid antigen COVID testing and recommendations for further assessment and care.
- Any member of the Loyola community who begins experiencing COVID symptoms while in quarantine should call SHS to schedule COVID testing.
Testing for Asymptomatic Students:
- Confirmed exposures: All confirmed exposures (vaccinated and unvaccinated) should schedule a COVID test 3--5 days from their exposure.
- No confirmed exposure: SHS does not provide testing for asymptomatic individuals without a confirmed exposure.
- Students, faculty and staff can access free testing through the city of New Orleans.
- Per regulations from the City of New Orleans: Anyone 12 years of age and older must provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR test within 72 hours, including employees, to access indoor dining, fitness, and entertainment spaces. It is the individual's responsibility to confirm with their insurance that asymptomatic COVID testing is covered.
- PCR results from SHS typically take 3--5 days.
- Other nearby PCR testing locations:
- Walgreens (718 Maple and S. Carrollton) - schedule online
- Walgreens (2418 S. Carrollton Ave.) - schedule online
- CVS (4401 S. Claiborne Ave.) - schedule online
- Ochsner Urgent Care Uptown (4605 Magazine Street) - walk-ins accepted as available
- Other community sites at various locations - Nola Ready website