- Any member of the Loyola community who is experiencing COVID symptoms should call SHS at 504-865-3326 to schedule an appointment for COVID testing. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:45 p.m., closed for University holidays.
- Students are given a full medical assessment in their appointment, including but not limited to, rapid antigen COVID testing, as indicated. PCR testing is also available in Student Health and processed through LabCorp.
- As the schedule permits, faculty and staff can receive rapid antigen COVID testing and recommendations for further assessment and care.
- Any member of the Loyola community who begins experiencing COVID symptoms while in quarantine should call SHS to schedule COVID testing.
Testing for Asymptomatic Students:
- Confirmed exposures (i.e. someone in quarantine): COVID testing is not currently recommended for confirmed exposures that are asymptomatic, but will be conducted upon request. SHS staff will discuss questions re: testing dates, type of test, etc. on an individual basis.
- No confirmed exposure: Per CDC and FDA guidelines, rapid antigen testing is contraindicated for this purpose. PCR testing is accessible in SHS through insurance or private pay at $100, or students can access free testing through the city of New Orleans. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm with their insurance that asymptomatic COVID testing is covered.
No member of the Loyola community will be refused COVID testing. If Student Health is at capacity on the day that testing is requested, referrals will be provided.
After Hours/ Weekend Care:
- Ochsner COVID-19 Patient Hotline at 844-888-2772
- Nearby Urgent Care Clinics and other resources