What To Do

Gender-based discrimination includes sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence, and stalking. Anybody that sees gender-based discrimination occur, should report it. A witness or victim may report in various methods, including anonymously, electronically, or by phone. If you are a victim of sexual violence, help is available.


Download "Advice for Complainants" Guide



  • Call University Police (LUPD) at (504)865-3434 or by dialing “911” on any campus or “blue light” emergency telephone to report the incident.
  • You may choose any of the following options:
         1. Report the incident to LUPD; and/or
         2. Pursue criminal charges with the NOPD; and/or
         3. Pursue university judicial action; or
         4. Only report the incident without pressing charges; or
         5. Report anonymously without providing any personal information.
  • Loyola University’s Title IX Coordinator or a Title IX Deputy Coordinator can advise you how to increase your safety, how to report the assault and how to minimize disruption to your educational pursuits.


If you have been sexually assaulted we recommend you do NOT shower, bathe, brush your teeth, or change clothes until you’ve been medically examined. This is necessary to preserve evidence.

You can receive a free medical exam at:

University Medical Center
Address: 2000 Canal Street
Phone: (504) 702-3000

*Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) are available upon request


University Services

  1. University Counseling Center, (504) 865-3835
  2. Mission & Ministry, (504) 865-3226
  3. Student Health Services, (504) 865-3326
  4. Women’s Resource Center, (504) 865-3083
  5. Office of Student Affairs (504)865-3030 (to request housing and/or class schedule changes)

Community Services

  1. Catholic Charities Sexual Assault Program/Crescent House
    (504) 866-9554
  2. Metropolitan Center for Women and Children
    (504) 837-5400
  3. RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
    (800) 656-4673