Being an RA isn't for everyone, but it was for people like Hillary Clinton, Jay Leno, Wesley Snipes, Katie Couric, Mike Ditka, Adam Sandler, and many more! Whether you plan to be famous or not, being an RA will challenge you to grow and learn new things, and will help you build leadership skills at the same time.
As an RA, you will:
RAs can expect to commit 25 hours per week to the position, including attendance at campus events, weekly staff meetings, and regular trainings. RAs can expect to be on duty 1-2 times per week. RAs also have an informal commitment to their residents, including time spent mentoring, supporting, and socializing.
Academic Year RA's RAs are hired each spring for the following academic year. Campus responsibilities begin about three weeks before classes start in the fall and end after Finals each semester. Some preparation time during the summer will be required.
Academic Year RAs receive payment to cover the cost of their room and the 75 block meal plan (includes $500 Wolfbucks). Additionally, RAs have the opportunity to pick up paid duty shifts during University holidays and paid hours as a Desk Assistant in the residence hall lobbies.
Summer RA's receive a room at no cost on campus and a monetary stipend for the summer.
1. Attend ONE Mandatory Information Session- See below for a list of times, dates, and locations.
2. Record an Audition video and upload to YouTube answering the question: Why should Residential Life hire you? Video should be 2 minutes or less and uploaded to your personal YouTube account. You then need to share the link on your Statement of Purpose form uploaded to EMPLOYOLA. Click here for instructions for creating a YouTube account and uploading your video.
3. Complete the Statement of Purpose form and upload to EMPLOYOLA. Download form here and save complete form as a PDF before uploading to EMPLOYOLA!
4. Upload a Current Resume to EMPLOYOLA
5. After uploading your Statement of Purpose and Current Resume to EMPLOYOLA under My Documents, return to this job lisiting (#5482) and click on 'APPLY NOW' at the bottom of the screen. To find the job posting by job listing number, click on the Advanced Search button ad enter the number is the job number field. OR just simply search 'Residents'.
IMPORTANT: If you do not complete ALL parts of the application, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not advance in the process.
November 29-January 28 - Info Sessions
January 7 - Applications available on EMPLOYOLA
January 10 - Resume Writing Workshop, 6pm, Octavia Room, DSC
January 10-31 - Every Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30pm-3pm and 3:30pm-6pm. Video Production and Editing Assistance, CM437
January 14 - Resume Writing Workshop, 6pm, Octavia Room, DSC
January 23 - Resume Writing Workshop, 8pm, The Buddig Hall Mushroom
January 28 - Resume Writing Workshop, 11am, The Buddig Hall Mushroom
February 3 - Applications due- DEADLINE EXTENDED!
March 1-2- Individual Interviews
March 3 - Group Interviews
March 8 - Candidate Notification