Interested in receiving SGA funding for your student organization? SGA has revamped the Allocations process to make applying for and receiving funding for your event easier and more effective! The process for receiving SGA Funding is as follows:
1. Read through SGA Budget Allocations Instructions and Information Packet in order to become familiar with all policies and procedures involved in the Allocations process.
2. Submit an SGA Funding Request Form to the SGA Office. This form, along with all necessary supporting documentation must be submitted to the SGA Office no later than 21 days prior to the date on which the event for which your organization wishes to receive funding will take place. Your organization may submit funding request forms for on-campus events, off-campus events, conferences, etc. As SGA reimagines the allocations process this semester, the limitations to what your organization could request funding for in the past have been repealed. Going forward, the decision to fund your organization’s request will be determined by the newly-formed SGA Finance Committee, based on its mission to allocate SGA funds to Loyola University New Orleans’ student clubs and organizations in the way that will provide the university’s student body with the most engaging and diverse experience possible. Once your organization has submitted a Funding Request Form and any necessary documentation pertaining to a proposed event’s expenses, the SGA Finance Committee will review your organization’s submission based on the above mission and in accordance with the Guidelines for the Use of SGA Funds.
3. Receive notice of allocated funds. Once the Finance Committee has reviewed your organization’s funding request and has decided on the amount of funding to allocate towards your event, your organization will be notified via email of the allocation and of any further stipulations in accordance with the receipt of allocated funds. Such stipulations include, but are not limited to, co-programming, fundraising, and vendor selection requirements. At this time, the Vice President of Finance will also obtain all necessary information for fund dispersal and will work with your organization to disperse your organization’s allocated funds quickly and painlessly. Please note: Your organization will be required to include the SGA logo on all publicity for events for which your organization receives SGA funding.
4. Hold your event.
5. Submit an Event Report Survey before submitting you’re the Funding Request Form for your next event. In order to collect valuable data about events receiving SGA funding, SGA will require your organization to submit an Event/Conference Report Survey online after each event for which you receive funding. Please Note: Until your organization has submitted an Event/Conference Report Survey for all previous events, your organization will be ineligible to receive SGA funding for future events.
The Student Government Association is pleased to offer graduate test and software reimbursements to all undergraduate students of Loyola University New Orleans to help alleviate some of the costs of further pursuing their education.
Am I eligible?
Currently-enrolled graduate and undergraduate students of Loyola University New Orleans may apply for this program.
This offer applies to any graduate level tests including (but not limited to):
• Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
• Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
• Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
• Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
• Test of Written English (TWE)
• Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
• Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
• Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
• Dental Admission Testing Program (DAT)
Graduate and undergraduate students of Loyola University New Orleans may apply for this program. Purchases must be made in the Loyola University Bookstore, located in the Danna Center or from Efollet.com. Students may be reimbursed for up to $100.00 worth of software one time during their undergraduate stay at Loyola.
How do I apply?
To apply for reimbursement check, a student must provide:
1. A properly filled out Grad Test / Software Reimbursement Form
2. A completely filled out W-9 form
3. A receipt or a proof of registration that lists the name of the student and the cost and date of the test registration
Please submit both the fund dispersal request form, the test receipt, and the W9 form to the SGA Office in the basement of the Danna Center.
How long do I have to wait for my reimbursement?
Please allow at least twelve (12) business days for your reimbursement check to be processed. All of the checks will be delivered to the Office of Co-Curricular Programs and you will be contacted when your reimbursement is ready.
Limited to one (1) reimbursement per student. No exceptions.
Funding for this program is limited; therefore, reimbursements will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information about Allocations, please contact SGA Vice President of Finance, D. Logan McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or SGA Advisor, Courtney Williams at email@example.com