International Student Orientation
Who Should Attend
If you are on a student visa you are required to attend international student orientation, but other students are also welcome. If you are a U.S. citizen who has been living abroad or you are on another visa type besides a student visa please let us know if you would like to attend.
CIE offers different orientation sessions depending on the program in which you be enrolled. For specific times and locations, please refer to the appropriate schedule on the International Student Orientation website: www.loyno.edu/cie/international-student-orientation
Since International Student Orientation starts before New Student Orientation, you will be allowed to move into the Residence Halls early (the day before International Student Orientation starts).
Benefits of attending International Student Orientation
- Gain information about your visa type and how to remain in legal immigration status.
- Learn about working on campus and in the U.S.
- Receive practical information on classes, how to open a bank account, get a SSN, cell phone and much, much more!
- Find out how to adjust to life in the U.S.
- Meet and become friends with other international students and U.S. American students.
- Explore the differences and similarities between the academic systems of the United States and the academic system of your home country and gain helpful skills that can help you navigate the U.S. academic system more effectively.
- Become acquainted with places and services on campus.
- Learn about how to get involved with student life at Loyola.
- Discover what makes New Orleans unique, including its culture, music and food.
- Have your questions and concerns answered by people you can trust including current international students at Loyola.