Prepare for Jobs and Internships
Preparation before beginning a job or internship search is the key to being successful. There are many steps you will want to complete to position you for success. The CDC offers workshops and handouts on many of these topics, and your career coach is available to work directly with you during your preparation.
- Learn the art of resume writing to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Compose compelling cover letters, thank you notes, and identify and use strategic references to differentiate you from the competition and impress employers.
- Learn valuable techniques to help you master the interview. Also, schedule a mock interview with a career coach or visiting employer.
- Find information on careers, employers, industries, and all aspects of the job search preparation process at learn about careers.
- Gain experience and test skills and interests through internships, leadership positions in student organizations, service activities, and part-time jobs.
- Recognize, expand, and nurture your network.
- Know your value by researching salary information in various career fields and locations.
- Investigate international experiences that can build your resume, enhance your skills, and open doors to new opportunities.